In our last blog, we explored tips for life with contacts. Contacts are like technology – they are amazing when they work, and horrid when anything goes wrong. At Crescent Eye Care, we have a lot of experience with contacts and how to live with them happily. After you get a contact lens exam from our eye care specialists, follow our tips to keep your eyes healthy!
- Don’t sleep in your contacts
- We know sometimes you just want to collapse into bed, but take the time to remove your lenses. Lenses that are worn too long suffocate the eyes, which need oxygen.
- Tap water and saliva do not work as emergency solution
- There are microorganisms in tap water and saliva. They are ready to give you an infection and damage your vision. Don’t let them.
- Refresh your cleaning solution
- Reusing cleaning solution increases your risk for eye infection. It can be a pain to keep changing it, but that is better than an inflamed, gooey eye.
- Wash your hands before you remove your lenses
- Dirty hands will contaminate your lenses … and their solution … and their case. Just always remember to wash your hands!
We are proud to offer Charleston complete eye care. Not only do we provide contact lens exams, we conduct general eye exams and treat cataracts, macular degeneration, and glaucoma. The quality of your eyesight has a huge impact on your quality of life, and we are fully committed to keeping your eyes clear and healthy. Contact our Charleston office to make an appointment!